Welcome to Overton Black Arrows Archery Club.
We are collecting for the Air Ambulance this year; we have held a quiz night, a number of Warren practice days and a 24hr shoot so far this year, and our total is more than £2600 so far....
Originally established in 1962, the Overton Black Arrows archery club was founded to allow members to enjoy all aspects of the sport of archery from beginner tuition, recreational archery through to competition coaching. The club is affiliated with Archery GB, Southern Counties Archery Society (SCAS) and the Hampshire Archery Association (HAA).
Members currently shoot a variety of disciplines including Target, Field and Clout using Recurve, Barebow, Compound, flatbow and Long Bows. Some equipment is available for novices to use until they develop sufficient technique to warrant the purchase of their own equipment.
The club meets at its outdoor range in Laverstoke (between Overton and Whitchurch) all year and also once a week at its 18 metre indoor range in Whitchurch during the winter. We also meet regularly at our Field Archery course in Kingsclere.
Beginners courses are run on a regular basis and enquiries from anyone interested in archery are always welcome.
Shooting for all club members:
- Wednesday and Friday from 6:00pm to dusk (Laverstoke range) in the summer (outdoors)
- Wednesday 7:00pm to 9:30pm (Testbourne school Sports Hall) in the winter (indoors)
- At The Warren field archery course (Kingsclere) by arrangement
- Members can shoot at any time at our Laverstoke range, as long as the range rules are complied with
Please see our Contact
page for location details and maps.
Your content goes here...
- The Beginners page, if you are wanting to try/learn the sport
- The Events page, to see upcoming events, tournaments and club competitions
- The Competitions page for details of competitions we hold and results
- The Contacts page if you want to ask us anything (about Archery!)
A summary of dates for members....